|Vegan Gluten-Free PB Cereal Treats|
Vegan Gluten-Free PB Cereal Treats(Yields: 12 to 15 Treats)
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat sugar and corn syrup to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the sugar and agave have combined and the sugar dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter until blended. It will have a minute or two to incorporate.
- Next, stir in cereal. You will want to cool this mixture slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- To make the rolling easier, lightly grease hands with oil or vegan butter. It makes the mixture not as sticky to the hands and a quicker process.
- Shape 18 to 1/4 cup cereal mixture into a ball around each candy. You can decide how big you want them. Immediately sprinkle with candy sprinkles. This is a good job for the kiddos, your hands will be messy and they will love to help...kids love sprinkles!
- Place pretzel stick into each cereal ball. If the balls move a bit, pack the cereal around the pretzel until it fits and stays.
- Let the treats sit out for an hour or two to cool completely and let it harden up some. The mixture will set and make a nice formed treat. Store in an air tight container or storage bag. Serve these treats as an after school snack, dessert, party favor, or even just for you and the family when you are craving something sweet. Enjoy!
(You can sub out for a similar cereal like Kix)
|Sugar & Agave in Saucepan|
|Agave & Sugar Melting|
|Dissolved Sugar in Agav|
|Add in PB|
|Combined PB Mixture|
|3 Cups Gluten Free Cereal|
|Add in Cereal|
|Combined Cereal Mixture|
|Formed Treat Balls with Sprinkles|
|Ready to Set Treats|
|Ready to Serve Treats|