|Vegan Gluten-Free PB Cereal Treats|
Treats come in all shapes and sizes, from sweet to savory or in between. Peanut butter can a prefect treat for kids and adults. It gives you a sweet kick, as well as hitting those sweet and savory notes. This treat is completely craveable and will make anyone you love happy. Not only is it craveable but it is super easy, fast, and a gluten free treat. This treat gives you and your family options and those options are DELISH! This treat is great served after school or events, great in goodie bags for parties, BBQs, and/or just for a quick make ahead dessert with the kiddos at home. Any kid will love to help make these with mom and dad. Nothing better than getting your hands dirty and playing with your food. Enjoy!
Vegan Gluten-Free PB Cereal Treats(Yields: 12 to 15 Treats)
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup organic agave nectar
-1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
-3 cups cereal (Gluten Free EnviroKidz Gorilla Munch OR Kix Brand can be used if not)
-1 to 2 Tablespoon vegan & gluten free multicolored candy sprinkles
-15 to 17 gluten-free pretzel sticks (you can make these with regular but they won't be gluten-free then)
*If you or a love one have a peanut allergy, you can sub out the PB and use a soy nut butter or any other kind you like.
(You can sub out for a similar cereal like Kix)
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat sugar and corn syrup to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
|Sugar & Agave in Saucepan|
|Agave & Sugar Melting|
|Dissolved Sugar in Agav|
- Once the sugar and agave have combined and the sugar dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter until blended. It will have a minute or two to incorporate.
|Add in PB|
|Combined PB Mixture|
- Next, stir in cereal. You will want to cool this mixture slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
|3 Cups Gluten Free Cereal|
|Add in Cereal |
|Combined Cereal Mixture|
- To make the rolling easier, lightly grease hands with oil or vegan butter. It makes the mixture not as sticky to the hands and a quicker process.
- Shape 18 to 1/4 cup cereal mixture into a ball around each candy. You can decide how big you want them. Immediately sprinkle with candy sprinkles. This is a good job for the kiddos, your hands will be messy and they will love to help...kids love sprinkles!
|Formed Treat Balls with Sprinkles|
- Place pretzel stick into each cereal ball. If the balls move a bit, pack the cereal around the pretzel until it fits and stays.
|Ready to Set Treats|
- Let the treats sit out for an hour or two to cool completely and let it harden up some. The mixture will set and make a nice formed treat. Store in an air tight container or storage bag. Serve these treats as an after school snack, dessert, party favor, or even just for you and the family when you are craving something sweet. Enjoy!
|Ready to Serve Treats|