Vegan Pierogi Casserole
- Make sure your cheese is cold out of the fridge or freezer.
- You can use the pre-shredded like I did but the grated blocks work best (I only had shredded on hand).
- I always pair it with nutritional yeast. They are a marriage made in heaven and in the below tips, you'll see that the yeast sticks to the cheese, helps it not clump together and creates a beautiful topping.
- When you make the topping, add all your ingredients in a bowl, including the oil and gently combine it together. I use my hands to make sure it's all massagingly (yes that's a word) mixed together. You can use a spoon, if you must.
- Season it with salt and pepper, more salt helps bring out that cheese flavor.
- When finished baking, I ALWAYS Broil it in low. The broil helps crisp the cheese up and make it a bit less gooey and more stable. Especially for cutting into. No one wants the topping oozing off. That's a sad Casserole or pizza.